Journey to the private cloud
Whilst there's no doubt that the public cloud can offer fantastic benefits in terms of its agility and flexibility, enduring concerns remain. Many enterprises are staying away citing fears over security, and loss of control of their data, especially with the potential for multi-tenanted servers. Others worry about the potential for vendor lock-in, or even that they may end up paying more in the long-run than for on-premise services.
That's why many of your peers are opting to build a private cloud. It offers the same flexibility and scalability, whilst keeping your sensitive data within your own control, and guaranteeing that the only people with access to your servers are those you've allowed in. It is therefore safer, providing many of the same benefits of public cloud, but without the inherent risk.
In this IT Leaders' Forum you'll hear experts reveal the details of their firms' journey to the private cloud, and the rewards they've reaped since.
Benefits of Attending:
The IT Leaders Forums provide an ideal platform for you to network with other senior IT professionals and gain from each other's experiences. Register for our next event to benefit from an expert keynote, case study presentation and panel debate which will:
- Assess the benefits of private cloud compared to its public counterpart
- Discover why a flexible, on demand cloud structure is preferable for your organisation
- Learn from those who have successfully integrated a private cloud model within their business
- Discover the drivers behind the increased uptake of hybrid cloud infrastructures
- Discover what key considerations you need to make before taking the leap to the cloud
09.00 Doors open, registration and coffee
09.30 Opening remarks - Stuart Sumner, Editor, Computing
09.40 Private Cloud: A review of the markets and current trends
- Private cloud adoption - how far along the curve are we?
- The drivers behind moves to the private cloud
- What advantages do private cloud datacentres bring?
Roy Illsley, Principal Analyst, Ovum
10.00 Moving to the private cloud
In this case study presentation Kamesh Patel, Head of IT at Amnesty International, will explore the route Amnesty took to adopt cloud, as well as the business requirements the organisation looked to address and some of the big risks which have been mitigated or removed by going to the private cloud.
10.30 Panel Discussion: developing a long term cloud vision
Our panel of senior IT professionals will reflect on the morning's presentations, answer delegate questions and share their views on:
- The benefits of a private cloud against its public cousin and virtualisation.
- How a private cloud infrastructure can help with your big data strategy
- The long term vision for the cloud
John Harris, VP Global Strategy, GlaxoSmithKline and Chairman, Corporate IT Forum
Stephen Anderson, Data Centre Engineering, Intel IT Engineering
Rocco Labellarte, Director of Operations, LGSS - Cambridgeshire & Northamptonshire County Councils
Josko Grljevic, Head of IS, thetrainline.com
11.20 Brunch and Networking
12.00 Forum Close