Does Desktop Virtualisation enable the office of the future?
09.30 Chairman's welcome
Stuart Sumner, Editor, Computing
09.40 Computing's research
10.00 How user experience is driving business transformation
Jim Henrys will be talking through the major transformation client computing is driving today for business and the workplace. He will share perspective on the major challenges and opportunities are for IT & business over the coming years.
• User experience is transforming business
• Living in a multi-device world
• Transformation of the workplace
• Security & privacy
• What are the future models for BYO
• What is driving form factors
Jim Henrys, Enterprise Strategist, Enterprise Solution Sales, Intel Corporation
10.30 Panel discussion: What are the technologies that enable the office of the future?
Our panel of senior IT professionals will reflect on the morning's presentations, answer delegate questions and share their views on:
• With such a large variety of mobile devices available, which device is the winner of the mobility game? Is it the smartphone, tablet, laptop, ultrabook or hybrid?
• HTML 5, virtualisation on hardware - which model will win out and what should the IT departments focus on?
• What does the modern workplace look like with the plethora of devices available?
• Physical location vs. virtual location - do you need office space or not?
Ian Pratt, Co-Founder and SVP of Products, Bromium and Chairman of Xen.org
Shiva Kumar, IT Director, Snow and Rock Group
1 other panellist to be confirmed soon!
12.00 Forum Close