Does Desktop Virtualisation enable the office of the future?
09.30 Chairman's welcome
Stuart Sumner, Editor, Computing
09.40 Computing's research - making the right technology choices
- Key findings from an extensive survey of CIO-level participants
- How virtualisation is changing the role of IT departments
- Pros and cons of technologies for cross-platform operations
- Will VDI be able to find a permanent place in the mobile world?
Speaker: Graeme Burton, Chief Reporter, Computing
10.00 How user experience is driving business transformation
Jim Henrys will talk through the major transformation client computing is having on business and the workplace. He will share perspectives on the major challenges and opportunities for IT and business over the coming years.
- User experience is transforming business
- Living in a multi-device world
- Transformation of the workplace
- Security and privacy
- What are the future models for BYO?
- What is driving form factors?
Speaker: Jim Henrys, Enterprise Strategist, Enterprise Solution Sales, Intel Corporation
10.30 Reimagining business
Reimagining business is about waking up to a new environment, based on collaborative and flexible working and on technology that, used correctly, liberates rather than constrains. The future of work must be based on being open, on focusing on results, not process and on empowerment, not hierarchy.
Speaker: Dave Coplin, Chief Envisioning Officer, Microsoft, UK
10.50 Panel discussion: What are the technologies that enable the office of the future?
Our panel of senior IT professionals will reflect on the morning's presentations, answer delegate questions and share their views on:
• With such a large variety of mobile devices available, which device is the winner of the mobility game? Is it the smartphone, tablet, laptop, ultrabook or hybrid?
• HTML 5, virtualisation on hardware - which model will win out and what should the IT departments focus on?
• What does the modern workplace look like with the plethora of devices available?
• Physical location vs. virtual location - do you need office space or not?
Moderator: Stuart Sumner, Editor, Computing
Dave Coplin, Chief Envisioning Officer, Microsoft UK
Josko Grljevic, IS Director, thetrainline.com
Jim Henrys, Enterprise Strategist, Enterprise Solution Sales, Intel Corporation
Ian Pratt, Co-Founder and SVP of Products, Bromium and Chairman of Xen.org
Shiva Kumar, Group CIO, Snow and Rock Group
12.00 Forum Close